Here are the references and resources mentioned in Chapter 3 of the book 13 Ways to Talk About 13 Reasons Why:
- Glenn, H. Stephen and Jane Nelsen. Raising Self-Reliant Children in a Self-Indulgent World. New York, NY: Three Rivers Press, 2000.
- Dweck, Carol. Mindset: The New Psychology of Success. (Updated edition) New York, NY: Random House, 2016.
- Duckworth, Angela. Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance. New York, NY: Scribner, 2016.
- Flood, Alison, “JK Rowling says she received ‘loads’ of rejections before Harry Potter success.” The Guardian, March 24, 2015. https://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/mar/24/jk-rowling-tells-fans-twitter-loads-rejections-before-harry-potter-success Last accessed May 20, 2018.
- Ginsburg, Kenneth R., and Martha M. Jablow. “For Teens: Creating Your Personal Stress-Management Plan.” Last updated 11/21/2015. https://www.healthychildren.org/English/healthy-living/emotional-wellness/Building-Resilience/Pages/For-Teens-Creating-Your-Personal-Stress-Management-Plan.aspx Last accessed May 14, 2018.
- Child Mind Institute. “12 Tips for Raising Confident Kids.” https://childmind.org/article/12-tips-raising-confident-kids/ Last accessed May 14, 2018.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. “Ways to Build Your Teenager’s Self-Esteem.” Last updated November 21, 2015. https://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/teen/Pages/Ways-To-Build-Your-Teenagers-Self-Esteem.aspx Last accessed May 14, 2018.
Image credit: Rawpixel.com/Shutterstock.com